Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Summer and... Skinny White Chocolate Strawberry Cream Pie!

I am back home for summer break! Hopefully I will be able to keep my blog writing going with a summer class and working 60 hours a week! I am so excited to be home doing what I love: making cards, blogging, baking, and my summer job, which I LOVE!

Now for the recipe!
I absolutely love taking recipes and making them my own by transforming them into a more healthy and less calorie treat! This pie is a great treat for any spring or summer occasion! My family has even started making it a tradition for Easter. Doesn't this pie look DELICIOUS?!?! I just love how pretty it looks!



Skinny White Chocolate Strawberry Cream Pie
Crust
1 box Pillsbury refrigerated pie crusts, softened as directed on the box (or you can make your own crust!)
Filling
1 2/3 cup of milk (I used skim)
1 tsp unflavored gelatin
1 box (4 serving size) sugar free vanilla pudding (not instant)
3/4 cup Hershey's white chocolate baking chips
2 cups free cool whip
Topping
1 lb. strawberries
3 Tbsp Hershey's white chocolate baking chips
2 Tbsp vegetable oil

Directions
1. Heat oven to 450 degrees. Make pie crust as directed on the box for One-Crust Baked Shell using 9-inch glass pie pan. Bake 9 to 11 minutes or until golden brown. Cool.
2. Meanwhile in a 2 quart sauce pan, mix milk and gelatin; let stand 5 minutes. Stir in pudding mix. Cook over medium heat stirring constantly, until mixture boils. Remove from heat; let stand 5 minutes. Add 3/4 cup Hershey's white chocolate baking chips to pudding mixture; stir occasionally until melted. Place lid over surface of pudding, refrigerate 1 hour.
3. Fold free cool whip into cooled pudding mixture. Spoon pudding mixture into cooled pie shell, spreading evenly.
4. Cut stems off strawberries. Place strawberries, pointed ends up, on filling, pressing them gently in.
5. In the microwave, melt 3 Tbsp Hershey's white chocolate baking chips and vegetable oil on high at 20 second intervals, stirring in between. Drizzle over strawberries. Refrigerate at least 3 hours before serving. Store in refrigerator. Enjoy!
Yield: 1 pie; 8 pieces
Calories per serving: approx. 250

For Easter this year, my family and I ate this pie on our lawn! It was so good, and a great time to relax with family remembering what Christ did for us so long ago! :)
If you have any comments or anything you have tried, please comment!
- Melinda

This great recipe was transformed by Pillsburys original recipe. If you would like the original, here is the link: Pillsbury White Chocolate Strawberry Pie

No comments:

Post a Comment